Megan Duncan, aka Ms. Liberty (not to be confused with her mother, Miss Liberty), is a hero trainer in Atlas Park in the Atlas Plaza section located at the base of the Atlas statue. Her coordinates are (128, 19, -216). Her location is marked on the map as a contact.
Heroes find her:
- on the Meet up with Vindicators mission during the Mender Silos Task Force as a Hero and an Ally (Levels 46-50).
- on the Agree to Mender Silos' mission mission during the Mender Silos Task Force as a Pet and an Ally (Levels 46-50).
Villains find her:
- on the Agree to form a strike force mission during the Mender Tesseract Strike Force as a Hero and an Enemy (Levels 25-34).
- on the Take the job defending the Crey lab mission from Abyss as a Hero and an Enemy (Levels 45-50).
- on the Take out the Vindicators mission from Abyss as a Hero and an Enemy (Levels 45-50)
- on the Assault Vindicators Base mission during the Lord Recluse Strike Force as a Hero and an Enemy (Levels 45-50)
- on the Defeat Statesman and Freedom Phalanx mission during the Lord Recluse Strike Force as an NPC (Levels 45-50)
- on the Agree to form a strike force mission during the Barracuda Strike Force as a Hero and an Enemy (Levels 45-50).
- on the Agree to form a Strike Force mission during the Mender Silos Strike Force as a Hero and an Enemy (Levels 46-50).
- on the Assault Siren's Call mission during the Mender Silos Strike Force as a Hero and an Enemy (Levels 46-50).
Megan is the daughter of the original Miss Liberty from the Golden Age. She has taken up the mantle to fight for freedom, in this specific case to free Paragon City from its infestation of villains. She has heightened strength and endurance as well as the power of the Liberty Belt, which was passed on to her by her grandmother.
Jessica Megan Duncan, who goes by her middle name Megan, is the granddaughter of Maiden Justice and Statesman from the Golden Age and the daughter of Miss Liberty and a man named Patrick Duncan. Her extended family also includes the brother of Maiden Justice, her grand-uncle Stefan Richter, more commonly known as Lord Recluse. Though suggested by others for Megan to take on her mother's maiden name Cole to carry on her grandfather's legacy, she refused, as she valued her father's name more, and wanting to step out of the shadow of her grandfather and forge a path of heroism for herself.
Early in her career Ms. Liberty worked extensively with Statesman, but recently seems to be spending more time working on making certain that new heroes in Paragon City have the information they need, as well as working on the Freedom Corps's Longbow division, which she formed. It is clear that she is determined to do her energetic best to make Longbow the premier hero assistance group in Paragon City someday.
She believes that her Great Uncle, Lord Recluse, can be redeemed. This core belief in redemption is what led Ms. Liberty to create the Vindicators supergroup.
Ms. Liberty is Statesman's sidekick, but she also leads a group of heroes herself. They are called the Vindicators, and the group is composed of Mynx, Valkyrie, Swan, Infernal, Luminary and most recently, Aurora Borealis. Though Malaise seems to often drift between good and evil, he is still regarded as a member.
Miss Liberty, Megan's mother, along with Statesman, created the Freedom Corps. Megan created a military division of Freedom Corps called Longbow. The sword Ms. Liberty carries is the fabled Excalibur, which Hero 1 entrusted it to Miss Liberty while he journeyed to the Rikti homeworld with the rest of the Omega Team, and she passed it down to her daughter. Although she cannot wield the sword, Ms. Liberty carries it at her side waiting for the day when Hero 1 returns. She also wears the Liberty Belt which was passed down to her from her grandmother, Maiden Justice. It is actually the Girdle of Hera which gives the user powers of the goddess. The Furies gave this belt to Maiden Justice as a wedding present.
Secret Identity: Jessica Megan Duncan
Primary Powers: Martial Arts
Secondary Powers: Invulnerability
Other Powers: Super Leap, Lightning Bolt, Thunder Strike
Signature Powers: Liberty Belt
Liberty Belt is only used in Lord Recluse Strike Force. It grants her 70% resists to all damage on top of her normal resistances, extra mez protection, and added tohit and high damage bonuses.
- Hey there, !
- You are doing great so far, . Keep it up!
- Ms. Liberty's Vindicators profile for a list of her powers
- Her COH CCG Ms. Liberty card
- The Liberty Belt card
- Ms. Liberty's Praetorian Earth counterpart is Dominatrix.
- Ms. Liberty's real name has been in question recently. In the GameSpy preview that contains Ms. Liberty's background that was published a month and a half before the game's release, her first name is given as "Jessica," and the original Miss Liberty is identified as her grandmother, not her mother. An official correction has been made on the official CoH forums by Manticore, one of the game designers who is responsible for maintaining game story continuity. However, in the City of Heroes novel, Freedom Phalanx, she is once again named Jessica Cole, and the continuity has yet to be addressed. In addition, the UK CoH website also has her name listed as Jessica Duncan.
- She is referenced in the description for the Purifier Badge.