|Epic Power Pools||8|
The Scrapper is a fierce melee combatant. In hand to hand, no other hero can compare. But the Scrapper is not as resilient as the Tanker, and might find himself in a little trouble if he heedlessly wades into combat. The Scrapper's aptitude for melee is countered by a total lack of long distance attacks. Scrappers possess Critical strike capability. Their melee attacks have a chance to sometimes do double damage.
The Scrapper's power sets are:
Primary Power Sets
- A Scrapper's primary power sets are designed specifically for melee. They are:
* Kinetic Melee requires VIP status, purchase on the Paragon Market, or purchase of Going Rogue.
* Staff Fighting requires purchase on the Paragon Market.
* Street Justice requires purchase on the Paragon Market.
* Titan Weapons requires purchase on the Paragon Market.
Secondary Power Sets
- A Scrapper's secondary power sets are designed for defense. They are:
* Bio Armor requires purchase on the Paragon Market.
Ancillary Power Pools
Patron Power Pools
- Scrappers have been in the game since Issue 0, originally as a City of Heroes archetype. Their original primary powersets were Broad Sword, Claws, Dark Melee, Katana, Martial Arts, and Spines. Their original secondary powersets were Dark Armor, Invulnerability, Regeneration and Super Reflexes.
- Body Mastery, Darkness Mastery and Weapon Mastery were added to the game in Issue 3.
- Dual Blades and Willpower were added to the game in Issue 11.
- Fiery Melee and Fiery Aura were proliferated to Scrappers in Issue 12.
- Shield Defense was added to the game in Issue 13.
- Blaze Mastery was added to the game in Issue 16.
- Electrical Melee and Electric Armor were proliferated to Scrappers in Issue 16.
- Kinetic Melee was added to the game with Going Rogue/Issue 18.
- The Patron Power Pools were made available to Scrapper in Issue 18.
- Battle Axe, War Mace, and Energy Aura were proliferated to Scrappers in Issue 21.
- Street Justice was added to the game on October 4, 2011.
- Titan Weapons was added to the game on December 6, 2011.
- Staff Fighting was added to the game on April 17, 2012.
- Summary and Analysis of Scrapper Powersets
- Archetypes documentation on official City of Heroes site
- Official City of Heroes Manual as a zipped PDF file