Behavioral Adjustment Facility Trial
|The Behavioral Adjustment Facility Trial|
|Team Size||12-24 players|
Imperial Defense Force|
The Behavioral Adjustment Facility Trial (B.A.F. or BAF) is one of the two Incarnate Trials released with Issue 20. It was one of the first instances of gameplay that was designed for Leagues. A minimum of 12 and a maximum of 24 players can raid the B.A.F. The trial is accessed and entered entirely through the Team-Up Teleporter.
During the trial, a voice will "radio in" information about your progress. While there is no specific contact named, it is probable that your unseen helper is Prometheus. He was added to Ouroboros in Issue 20 to recruit Incarnates to wage a war against Emperor Cole and end Cole's quest to become more in-tune with the Well of the Furies.
Siege and Nightstar have discovered information that agents of Primal Earth are planning to infiltrate the Behavioral Adjustment Facility, better known as BAF. They make a report to Mother Mayhem in which they will spin the infiltration as an unprovoked attack, and in the meantime, release brainwashed members of the Resistance who will relay messages about the beneficence of the Praetorians. At the same time, the infiltrators will be forced to let the confused Resistance leave and foil their plans to collect information, or attack them for further bad press.
The B.A.F. Trial takes place on an instanced map and is broken into five distinct phases. Each phase after the first has a timer and, with the exception of phase 3, the trial will be failed if the timer expires.
Players must defeat 40 Warworks which are scattered throughout the BAF yard. Once that goal is met, all remaining mobs will despawn and phase 2 will begin.
Nightstar and reinforcements consisting of Victoria Mk VIs will appear at the bivouacs on the east side of the map. Security Towers around the perimeter activate and direct attacks towards players within range and line-of-sight. Nightstar has access to Sequestration Field. Additional Victoria Mk VI reinforcements will spawn periodically at the helipad and move to Nightstar's current position. These spawns will continue until Nightstar is defeated. When she is defeated, phase 3 will begin.
The players will have to stop Mindwashed Resistance prisoners from escaping for 5 minutes. The phase countdown begins at 6 minutes, giving players 60 seconds to get into position. Prisoners will spawn from the green points on the mini-map and will escape if they reach the red markers. Lieutenant class Hardened Commandos are immune to all forms of mezzing and movement speed debuffs. Prisoners possess Mindwash Contagion, a PBAoE chance for low-magnitude confuse. The trial fails if, at any time before the countdown expires, 20 or more prisoners have escaped. If the countdown expires before this happens, then phase 4 will begin.
Siege and reinforcements consisting of 9CUs will appear at the admin building on the west side of the map. Security Towers around the perimeter reactivate and direct attacks towards players within range and line-of-sight. Siege also has access to the Sequestration Field power. Additional 9CU reinforcements will spawn periodically at the helipad and move to Siege's current position. Siege's assisting Warworks feature new AI protocols called "Defiance" which allows them to increase their attack strength and chance to hit the longer they remain attacking. These spawns will continue until Siege is defeated. Once Siege is defeated, the 5th and final phase begins.
Both Nightstar and Siege are revived, at the same locations where they were defeated, and both begin calling their respective reinforcements from the helipad spawn point. The type of reinforcement will alternate between Victoria Mk VIs and 9CUs. Both Siege and Nightstar can use the Sequestration Field power. Nightstar and Siege must be defeated within 10 seconds of each other, or the survivor will revive the fallen enemy to full health.
|Behavior Adjuster||Complete the Behavioral Adjustment Facility Trial|
|Not On My Watch||Allow no Mindwashed Prisoners to escape during a Behavioral Adjustment Facility Trial.|
|Alarm Raiser||Never disable a Guard Tower using the controls at its base during a Behavioral Adjustment Facility Trial.|
|Gotta Keep 'Em Separated||Defeat Siege & Nightstar without moving them from their initial locations during a Behavioral Adjustment Facility Trial.|
|Strong & Pretty||Defeat Siege & Nightstar while none of their reinforcements are alive during a Behavioral Adjustment Facility Trial.|
|Master of the B.A.F.||Earn the Not On My Watch, Alarm Raiser, Gotta Keep 'Em Separated, and Strong & Pretty badges.|
- Psychic Incarnate Experience is earned, which unlocks the Alpha, Judgement and Lore Slots, if any of those slots are locked.
- Incarnate Threads drop instead of Incarnate Shards.
- Upon successful completion of this trial, each character is presented with a reward table allowing them to choose one reward from several options. There is a participation threshold that must be met in order to receive an Incarnate Component table instead of a 10 Threads or one Super-level inspiration "consolation prize".
- If a character surpasses this threshold, the rarity of the component reward is a random roll. The options available will either be a choice of: one Common component or two Super-level inspirations, one Uncommon component or three Super-level inspirations, one Rare component or four Super-level inspirations, or one Very Rare component or five Super-level inspirations.
- A random Uncommon Incarnate Component is awarded the first time each achievement badge is qualified for.
- A random Rare Incarnate Component is awarded the first time the Master of the B.A.F. badge is qualified for.
- One Empyrean Merit will be awarded upon successful completion of the Trial once per 20 hour period.
- An Astral Merit will be awarded immediately when Nightstar is defeated during phase 2.
- An Astral Merit will be awarded immediately when fewer than 20 Mindwashed Resistance prisoners escape during phase 3.
- An Astral Merit will be awarded immediately when Seige is defeated during phase 4.
- An additional Astral Merit can be rewarded at the end of the trial for running as an Open League.
- An additional Astral Merit can be earned if the requirements for the Not On My Watch badge are fulfilled, even if you already have the badge. It is awarded at the end of phase 3.
- An additional Astral Merit can be earned if the requirements for the Alarm Raiser badge are fulfilled, even if you already have the badge. It is awarded at the end of the trial.
- An additional Astral Merit can be earned if the requirements for the Gotta Keep 'Em Separated badge are fulfilled, even if you already have the badge. It is awarded at the end of the trial.
- An additional Astral Merit can be earned if the requirements for the Strong & Pretty badge are fulfilled, even if you already have the badge. It is awarded at the end of the trial.
- Behavioral Adjustment Facility Trial Strategy
- Visual Guide: Behavioral Adjustment Facility Trial
- Official B.A.F. Guide by Chris "Baryonyx" Behrens