- This article is about the zone. For the organization, see Menders of Ouroboros.
Hero/Villain City Zone (14-50)
|TF Contacts:|| Mender Lazarus,|
|Connecting Zones:|| Atlas Park, Founders' Falls, Independence Port, Peregrine Island, Talos Island
Cap au Diable, Sharkhead Isle, Nerva Archipelago, St. Martial, Grandville
The headquarters of the mysterious Menders of Ouroboros. Heroes and villains can both visit this zone, but they appear in different instances, with differences in some contact missions. There are missions and Task Forces here, as well as the Flashback system. The available TFs and flashback missions/arcs vary with a player's alignment and level.
An Ouroboros is the symbol of the dragon eating its own tail, which has existed for centuries throughout Norse, Greek, African, Hindu, and many other systems of mythology. It is also a central image throughout the novel "The Worm Ouroboros" by E.R. Eddison.
- The Pilgrim
- Mender Lazarus
- Twilight's Son
- Mender Tesseract
- Mender Silos
- Mender Ramiel (Going Rogue only)
- Pillar of Ice and Flame
- Astral Christy
- Empyrean Michael
There are no neighborhoods explicitly marked on the Ouroboros map. However, the following music will play in the background while in the zone.
Welcome to Ouroboros. You have a feeling as if there is a lot of work that needs to be done.
You have spent a great deal of time working with the agents of Ouroboros earning you the Chronologist Day Job. Logging out in Ouroboros will earn you a bonus enhancement recipe, when you log back in, each time you complete a mission for a short time.
- Mender Roebuck sells inspirations.
- The only ways to get to Ouroboros are the Ouroboros Portal temporary power and the Mission Transporter booster power, provided that someone on the team has a Door Mission in the zone.
- Heroes can leave through the exit portal to Atlas Park, Founders' Falls, Independence Port, Peregrine Island, or Talos Island.
- The portal can also be used to enter some outdoor instance missions such as "Board Train". Using the portal to exit Ouroboros a player will get the normal selection of zones to travel to and one that places them inside that mission.
- These do not need to be time travel missions and every player on a team can use this option not just the owner of the mission.
- Villains can exit to Cap au Diable, Sharkhead Isle, Nerva Archipelago, St. Martial, Grandville.
- For heroes, the Ouroboros Echo Teleporter at the west end of the compound allows access to Echo: Galaxy City and Echo: Dark Astoria.
- Flower Knight and an Ouroboros NPC can be found talking to each other in this zone. One such interchange includes the zone's pronunciation: "It's pronounced or-oh-boar-os."
- You can sometimes see the moon around the sky. However, apart from that, everything looks to be a part of the Shadow Shard. It would also be physically impossible for the Moon to continue to orbit the Earth if the Earth was shattered. What exactly this means about Ouroboros is unknown at this time.
- Theory: Since the Ouroboros zone has features of both the Shadow Shard and Primal Earth, it is possible the "Coming Storm" is a successful Rularuu invasion. Perhaps part of Rularuu's escape from the Shadow Shard involves "bleeding" the two worlds together. Though this doesn't necessarily explain the Shivans, which are supposedly heralds of the invasion. This could mean that the Shivan meteors are from the Shadow Shard, but a point that Portal Corp hasn't gotten to yet (thus is not yet known).
- Theory: If the above theory is true, it is possible that Earth's oceans rose to a point where the entire planet's surface was covered with water, with the Rularuu invasion having the effect of creating the asteroids around Ouroboros. Thus, the moon would still be affected by the Earth's gravitational pull, and the elements that appear to belong to the Shadow Shard would still be explained.
- Correction: Contrary to the comments above, with the exception of the "floating rock islands", nothing about the Ouroboros zone is similar to the Shadow Shard. It does not have the bizarre sky of the Shadow Shard (Ouroboros even has some cloud cover) and it has a large body of water lying under it (not to mention the only "water" in the Shadow Shard is red (cf. Cascade Archipelago).