Incarnate System, which launched with Issue 19, and requires a subscription to utilize. The Hybrid Slot does not include a Level Shift or Incarnate Shift.
Hybrid Slot Benefits
The Hybrid Slot is unlocked by accumulating Advanced Psychic Incarnate Experience. There is one way to receive this:
- Running the following Incarnate trial: the Magisterium Trial.
Once the Hybrid Slot is unlocked, the character can fill the Hybrid Slot with a Hybrid Slot Ability which unlocks various ways to either shore up a character's weaknesses or make their strengths even stronger, via four trees: Assault, Control, Melee, and Support.
The Unlocking Process
The normal course of unlocking the Hybrid Slot follows this general plan:
- Accumulate 3,375,000 Advanced Psychic Incarnate Experience to unlock the Hybrid Slot.
- Decide which Hybrid Slot Ability works best for a given character. That will determine which Incarnate Components are required to craft.
- Run Incarnate Trials or Dark Astoria content to get certain Incarnate Components. Alternatively, accumulate enough Incarnate Threads from defeating foes in Incarnate content in order to craft the Components necessary. The second method is more time consuming, but is accessible for more casual players.
- Craft and equip the Hybrid Slot Ability.
- The character can now work towards another or a higher tiered Hybrid Slot Ability.
In some cases, a character may accumulate enough Components to craft a Hybrid Ability before accumulating enough Incarnate Experience to unlock the Hybrid Slot. Crafting Hybrid Abilities and unlocking the Hybrid Slot can be done in any order, and the Ability can be placed in the Slot once both are available.
Hybrid Slot Mechanics
- Characters can switch between Hybrid Abilities by simply equipping a new ability. The old ability is not lost, but simply switched out. There is a 5 minute cool down between equips. Also, equipping an ability is prohibited by being in combat and may require additional cool down time or leaving the mission to equip.
- The Hybrid Ability cannot be slotted or changed in Ouroboros.
- Higher-tier Hybrid Abilities consume a lower tier ability when crafted. Characters can have several higher-tiered abilities, but if they're in the same 'tree', then they'll have to re-craft the lower tiered ability again for each higher-tiered ability they want to have.