Threat = Damage * Debuff Mod * AT Mod * AI Mod * Range Mod * (TauntDurationRemaining * 1,000)
Definitions of terms used, and their known values:
- This is the final damage a power will cause, not the base damage of a power.
- Debuff Mod
- This is a value created by the Devs to represent the fact that Mobs don't like being debuffed. Values range between 1 and 2, but on most powers, the value is a 2. This means that with two attacks that cause the same damage, but one has a debuff and the other doesn't, the one with the debuff will generate up to twice as much threat.
- AT Mod
- This is the value assigned to each AT, described in the table below.
- AI Mod
- This is a value that is unique to each Mob type. We do not know many value for this variable, but we know that they, in theory, could have a very large range of values.
- Range Mod
- In general, attacks in melee have a higher modifier. However, we know very few specifics about this value.
- Pretty self-explanatory. This is the remaining duration of any Taunt or Taunt-like effects the character has on the enemy.
Many of these values have a floor. However, it is unsure what the floor is for each value. It is likely set to 1 for a minimum possible Threat rating from this formula of 1, but that is just a guess.
Over time, threat values will decrease. While it is unknown how quickly this happens, a character with a high degree of threat against an enemy can lose it over time to another character. As such, it is recommended, if you wish to keep aggro, to continue applying effects to the enemy in order to prevent aggro loss due to Threat Decay.
|Archetype||Threat Level||Taunt AT Multiple|
Negative threat reduces the beginning threat level for that character's calculations.
The following powers will reduce a character's threat level by one:
- Super Speed
- Phase Shift
- Superior Invisibility
- Group Invisibility
- Quantum Flight
- Nebulous Form