|Epic Power Pools||8|
Corrupters twist the forces of the universe to do their bidding. As a corruptor, you might strike your foes down with blasts of fire, entomb them in ice, infect them with radiation, or curse them with pure darkness. As your foes are weakened, your scourge ability kicks in, increasing your damage to an enemy as their hit points drop. You can even impart a portion of your twisted power to your allies to protect them from harm, heal them, or increase the damage they deal. This wide array of abilities comes at a price. Your defenses aren't strong, and you can quickly attract the ire of your enemies if you aren't careful.
The Corruptor's power sets are:
Primary Power Sets
- A Corruptor's primary power sets are designed for ranged attacks. They are:
* Beam Rifle requires purchase on the Paragon Market.
* Dual Pistols requires VIP status, purchase on the Paragon Market, or purchase of Going Rogue.
* Water Blast requires purchase on the Paragon Market.
Secondary Power Sets
- A Corruptor's secondary power sets are designed for buffing or debuffing. They are:
Ancillary Power Pools
Patron Power Pools
- Corruptors were added to the game in Issue 6, originally a City of Villains archetype. Their original primary powersets were Assault Rifle, Dark Blast, Energy Blast, Fire Blast, Ice Blast, Radiation Blast, and Sonic Blast. Their original secondary powersets were Cold Domination, Dark Miasma, Kinetics, Radiation Emission, Sonic Resonance, Thermal Radiation, and Traps.
- Leviathan Mastery, Mace Mastery, Mu Mastery, and Soul Mastery were added to the game in Issue 7.
- Electrical Blast and Storm Summoning were proliferated to Corruptors in Issue 12.
- Pain Domination was added to the game in Issue 13.
- Archery and Trick Arrow were proliferated to Corruptors in Issue 16.
- Dual Pistols was added to the game on March 2, 2010 as an early feature of Going Rogue to those who prepurchased.
- The Ancillary Power Pools became available to Corruptors in Issue 18.
- Psychic Blast and Poison were proliferated to Corruptors in Issue 21.
- Beam Rifle and Time Manipulation were added to the game in Issue 21.
- Water Blast was added to the game on July 10, 2012.
- Nature Affinity was added to the game on August 21, 2012.
- Summary and Analysis of Corruptor Powersets
- Archetypes documentation on official City of Villains site
- Official City of Villains Manual as a PDF file