From Paragon Wiki Archive
|Epic Power Pools||8|
Modifiers (at level 50)
Limits (at level 50)
The Tanker can take it and dish it out all at once. The Tanker primarily can absorb vast amounts of damage, and hold his own in a fist fight. But the Tanker lacks any long range punch. The Tanker would prefer just to charge straight ahead anyway.
The Tanker's power sets are:
Primary Power Sets
- A Tanker's primary power sets are designed specifically for defense. They are:
* Bio Armor requires purchase on the Paragon Market.
Secondary Power Sets
- A Tanker's secondary power sets are designed for melee. They are:
* Kinetic Melee requires VIP status, purchase on the Paragon Market, or purchase of Going Rogue.
* Staff Fighting requires purchase on the Paragon Market.
* Street Justice requires purchase on the Paragon Market.
* Titan Weapons requires purchase on the Paragon Market.
Ancillary Power Pools
Patron Power Pools
* Patron Power Pools require villain alignment to obtain.
- Tankers have been in the game since Issue 0, originally a City of Heroes archetype. Their original primary powersets were Fiery Aura, Ice Armor, Invulnerability, and Stone Armor. Their original secondary powersets were Battle Axe, Energy Melee, Fiery Melee, Ice Melee, Stone Melee, Super Strength, and War Mace.
- Arctic Mastery, Earth Mastery, Energy Mastery and Pyre Mastery were added to the game in Issue 3.
- Dual Blades and Willpower were added to the game in Issue 11.
- Dark Armor and Dark Melee were proliferated to Tankers in Issue 12.
- Shield Defense was added to the game in Issue 13.
- Electric Armor and Electrical Melee were proliferated to Tankers in Issue 16.
- Kinetic Melee was added to the game with Going Rogue.
- Bruising was added to the Tier 1 power of all secondary power sets for Tankers in Issue 18.
- The Patron Power Pools were made available to Tankers in Issue 18.
- Super Reflexes and Martial Arts were proliferated to Tankers in Issue 21.
- Street Justice was added to the game on October 4, 2011.
- Titan Weapons was added to the game on December 6, 2011.
- Staff Fighting was added to the game on April 17, 2012.
- Summary and Analysis of Tanker powersets
- Archetypes documentation on official City of Heroes site
- Official City of Heroes Manual as a zipped PDF file