Portal Corp. Label
In Unai Kemen's arc (and probably other arcs), he mentions that Praetoria is designated as dimension "Upsilon Beta 9-6" by Portal Corp. Should this be noted on this page? Felderburg 20:12, 24 August 2011 (UTC)
- First sentence of In Game References. Storyteller@fuse.net 21:24, 24 August 2011 (UTC)
- I am blind kthxbye ( :p ) Felderburg
Where are there war walls in anything related to Praetoria, instanced or not? War Wall =/= Blue Barriers. —Thirty7 19:23, 26 May 2012 (UTC)
- It honestly wouldn't surprise me if a few of the original Praetorian missions used maps with war walls as an oversight. But even if that's the case, I wouldn't interpret that as meaning Praetoria has war walls; I'd interpret it as a mistake. It frankly wouldn't make sense for them to have them: Primal Earth created them in response to the Rikti War (something the Praetorians did not experience) and the Praetorians have Sonic Fences that serve much the same purpose. -- Sekoia 23:27, 26 May 2012 (UTC)
- Yeah, I suppose some of the older Maria Jenkins instances might have them, but IIRC the vast majority of them do not. I think that the recent revision is a bit misleading, mayhap, hence why I started this section.—Thirty7 00:49, 27 May 2012 (UTC)
- If there are any such missions, I'd be in favor of replacing that sentence with "War Walls do not exist in Praetoria (despite inadvertently appearing in some older Praetorian missions)." However, on further reflection, I wonder if the missions they're thinking of are missions on Primal Earth that feature Praetorian enemies; there are a number of those, so it'd be an easy mistake to make. Unless somebody can point to a specific mission that has War Walls in Praetoria, we should probably revert the sentence back to how it originally was. -- Sekoia 02:43, 27 May 2012 (UTC)
- Praetorian mission tilesets were all made from the ground up, and none of them contain war walls. Nowhere in any of the Praetorian zones are there any war walls as well. The war walls were built to corral the Rikti, who never invaded in Praetorian's alternate timeline. ~ AGGE talk/cons 05:04, 27 May 2012 (UTC)
- Actually, and this surprised me too, but there are war walls in the modern-day Praetorian content, and I have recently included the mission that I found them in in the rewrite of the section. - Fescu 01:10, 12 July 2012 (UTC)
- Also, according to the Portal Corporation section, the Praetorians did indeed have a failed Rikti invasion. The only person who says otherwise that I know of is Maria Jenkins, but I don't see how she could know for sure. The assumption that I've been operating under is, that since I don't know of any retcons, the Praetorians were successfully able to keep the Rikti threat a secret from the general populace. - Fescu 19:17, 19 July 2012 (UTC)
- There have been retcons surrounding Praetoria as well as Primal Earth. For instance, the retcon on Primal Earth was that Nemesis went and started the Rikti war, who then attacked the Primal dimension. In Praetoria, the Nemesis counterpart has died , so he wouldn't have been around to set up a war on that front. Remember, there's only one Rikti Earth, and they're occupied with Primal Earth (the whole Infernal inconsistency be damned). --GuyPerfect 17:26, 20 July 2012 (UTC)
- Well, there is proof from Serpent Drummer's arc that the Rikti do know about Praetoria, so it's entirely possible that they could have invaded, possibly for a different reason altogether from why they invaded Primal Earth.
- I don't think I'm following you on how it was a retcon when it was revealed that Nemesis started the Rikti War. I was always told that we didn't know why they invaded until Issue 10. - Fescu 19:40, 20 July 2012 (UTC)
Seems to me it would be worth grabbing a picture of Praetorian War Walls from the mission map noted, right? Felderburg 16:28, 10 December 2013 (UTC)
Other than being captained by a Durray in both dimensions, do we have any actual indication that the 2nd Imperial Whatevertheheck Division is the Praetorian Sky Raiders? — Talk · Cont 21:08, 5 July 2012 (UTC)
- Yes. This portion was taken from the Primal Colonel Duray's background, "The Joint Command Special Threat Response Battalion (JCSTRB), nicknamed Vigilance, was established in 1995 as the brain-child of General Aarons."
- This portion was taken from the Praetorian Colonel Duray's background, "The field commander of the late General Aarons' Threat Response Battalion, Colonel Virgil Duray is one of the most highly decorated officers from the Hamidon Wars."
- Both were established by General Aarons, and both were called the Threat Response Battalion. Fescu 01:05, 12 July 2012 (UTC)
- Because for the most part they're the same group. This portion was also taken from Praetorian Colonel Duray's background, "Composed entirely of soldiers from the TRB, the 2nd Battalion is arguably just a rename of Duray's former with one exceptional difference. Every soldier in the battalion has been genetically reengineered by Praetor Berry." They started off as their own force, but later became the IDF 2nd Batallion. Sort of like when the Sky Raiders were supposed to become an arm of Vanguard, except in Praetoria Colonel Duray followed orders instead of going rogue like his primal counterpart. - Fescu 01:14, 12 July 2012 (UTC)
I haven't seen any evidence that Twinshot is Ricochet's Primal Earth counterpart. Has anyone seen anything that suggests it? - Fescu 14:26, 29 July 2012 (UTC)
- Yes. ~ AGGE talk/cons 18:48, 29 July 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks. - Fescu 01:24, 30 July 2012 (UTC)
- So that link has a reference link inside itself, that directs to I assume the Issue 21 patch notes. Unfortunately, it isn't archived (apparently) and the I 21 patch notes on the wiki don't mention it. It's notable that in the full thread linked above, a poster says that he / she thought that the reference had been removed from the patch notes. So while I'm sure they are counterparts, given the similarities and the official source (quoting another official source) I just think it's worth mentioning that there's no evidence in game for this pair. Felderburg 16:38, 10 December 2013 (UTC)