Order of the Four Winds
The Order of the Four Winds appears to be a mystical group of Tibetan Monks (also known as Monks of the Four Winds), dating back unknown centuries, who are responsible for selecting chosen people to bear the Mantles of the Four Winds. Note that the Mantles include more than just the Four Winds.
Unfortunately, almost no information exists on the Order, except for a monk named Pa Soong who in 1932, contacted fourteen-year-old Devon Wilcox, who would someday become the Dark Watcher. Devon Wilcox underwent training at the temple for a year.
It is known the Monks of the Four Winds are searching for candidates to represent all of the winds of the world, and thus, the number of mantles are not known completely.
The Four Winds refers to the Cardinal Winds. There are Mantles associated with the Ordinal Winds as well.
- Borea. She has the Mantle of Boreas, the wind of the North, making her a powerful force in the Order. Why she was chosen for such an important role is a constant source of frustration for her sister. Borea herself is quite worried that her namesake was known as the “Bringer of Winter” and has sworn that she will die before using her power to any ill purpose.
- Levantera. Possessing the Mantle of Levanter, Levantera along with her sister Borea lead the Shield, the division of Vanguard tasked with protecting the city and its people from the Rikti.
- Ice Mistral. It is not known what her Mantle is called, however, it gives her ice powers. The powers may have been too great for Irena Rudenko, as her own inner rage consumed her control, and twisted her personality against the Monks, many of whom she killed. Scirocco took her in, and since then, both are within the organization of Arachnos.
- Scirocco. When Imad Malak discovered the tomb of a long dead desert hero, he found the hero's sword which granted incredible powers and took up the Mantle of Scirocco. However, this conflicts slightly with his other background, where he took the powers of the deceased hero Scirocco, who had died in the first Rikti War, from the djinn known as Serafina, who was weakened by the ordeal. It is also possible that both events took place, and that Scirocco is in possession of more than one Mantle or magical items.
Related Persons or Items
Articles that may be related to the Order of the Four Winds:
- Serafina. A djinn, or more commonly known as Genie, who assisted the last hero to take up the mantle of Scirocco, helping him until his death in the first Rikti War.
- Cape of the Four Winds
- Ill Wind. A member of the Omega Team, he made use of a magical charm which could control life and wind. It is unknown if the item in question has any connection to the Order of the Four Winds.
- Zephyr. Claims to be named for a wind of which he claims to be the embodiment. He has a belt that is supposedly the source of his power, so he may be lying.