Talk:Old Positron Task Force
Old Posi TF
I rolled back the changes to the merits on this. There are changes in the Flashback arc that are not reflected here, and really this page should remain as it is for a historical record and the Flashback arc should get its own page. Possibly called "Old Positron Flashback" or something similar.
I'm in the process now of writing up the changes in the Flashback arc. At the moment I'm writing it up as a subpage of this one, we'll move it when it's complete and a good name has been agreed on. ~ AGGE talk/cons 16:59, 2 May 2010 (UTC)
I joined a Positron TF yesterday, and had the wonderful luck of having EVERYONE drop out. Luckily, about half of them just logged out rather than quitting the TF, so from the second mission on, I was able to grab screen shots of about all the text and soloed the rest of the way on my Grav/Kin Controller. A bit slow (it took about 4 hours to finish it) but faster than it had been going (3 hours for team of 8 not to finish the first 2 missions). As I add in the info, I'll put some notes down here:
- After the end of the Check out the Circle of Thorns hideout mission, it doesn't actually pop up a mission to deliver the book to Positron, but if you call him, all he says is "I'm still waiting to see that book". I'm not sure if it has to be the leader to do this one or not, but I'm fairly certain that the following delivery to Azuria can be done by anyone.
- All the Fedexes in any TF can be done by any team member. In fact knowing the sequence they come in can shave a good few mins off of them as you pre-position your hero/villans. Given the misson order comment below you can have a series of fedexs being Azuria - Posi - Paula - Azuria - Posi. I have seen 5 mission completes float up inside of about 10 seconds in the past Catwhoorg 11:49, 13 October 2006 (PDT)
- The Find the Clockwork's base of operations mission tells you the secondary goal of Visit 3 locations until you actually get into Perez Park, at which point it's replaced by simply Perez Park.
- It's been a while since I've done this, so the addition of an Elite Boss was a surprise to me. Luckily, I had Amy on my side, and was able to defeat it. I'll have to check through the piggs some more, but I can't find an entry for him. Here's some data:
--StarGeek 11:59, 16 August 2006 (PDT)
- I've heard people mention him on the coh forums, but I've never seen him myself. I think he was added with Issue 6, but I'm not positive. - Snorii 14:00, 16 August 2006 (PDT)
- I've got a demo, so I'll post a picture soon. --StarGeek 18:12, 16 August 2006 (PDT)
1.2 and 1.3 can come either way round. 1.4, 1.5 and 1.6 can come in any order.
Not sure how you would put this on the reference page though. Catwhoorg 11:49, 13 October 2006 (PDT)
- For Story Arcs, I've put a note as the very first thing, before the missions. -- StarGeekTalk page 12:35, 13 October 2006 (PDT)
TFs that can be duoed
Near the beginning of the article, it reads "the Positron Task Force is one of three Task Forces that can possibly be duoed."
- Considering that nearly all TFs have been soloed (by Catwhoorg, for example), this statement makes no sense. -- StarGeekTalk page 23:12, 6 July 2009 (UTC)
- Agreed. I am assuming one of the others would be Justin Augustine, but I can't think of a 3rd that has no AV.Catwhoorg 11:37, 7 July 2009 (UTC)
- Makes sense. Catwhoorg 19:27, 7 July 2009 (UTC)
I was recently running an (incredibly long and horrible) Posi TF, and had the experience that in the "Stop chief mage and his guards" mission, The clue is supposed to be found upon defeating the cheif mage, but it turned out being a glowie somewhere else entirely. This might be something to watch out for. Has it happened to anyone else? Lightprince 05:25, 25 February 2009 (UTC)