I think it would be easier to organize the salvage by rarity first, then alphabetical after that. Would make it much easier to read.
- I would think it would be better to have them set up like the Invention Salvage Tiers page, but that may have to be a separate page. If we're going for consistency with other salvage pages, I would leave them as they are. SpaceNut 23:09, 6 April 2011 (UTC)
- Perhaps a separate page for Incarnate Component Tiers? (Which could be linked from here, of course.) --Eabrace 23:57, 6 April 2011 (UTC)
- >_> I'm all for breaking it up by tier lvl, been meaning to make a nav bar for the salvage pages for a bit now. We should probably break it up either by shard and thread, or by tier, and tier seems more sensible. I would have done it last night, but its all DPL stuff and I haven't touched it since the invention salvage was added.--Sleepykitty 00:43, 7 April 2011 (UTC)
- Unfortunately, I don't think you can do "two organization types" (e.g. "alphabetical within rarity" instead of "just rarity" or "just alphabetical") with one DPL call (you'd have to break it up into multiple DPL, which from what I understand more than one DPL call per page puts exponentially more stress on the server.And without DPL, this page has to be updated every single time new stuff comes around, which may or may not take days, weeks, months... or just a couple hours. DPL makes it easier to maintain the page automagically.
- I don't disagree with an [[Incarnate Component Tiers]], but this page being alphabetical is probably the best. ~ AGGE talk/cons 02:01, 7 April 2011 (UTC)
- <.< was actually thinking breaking each tier into a seperate page might work best... barring one for the 2 sub-components, they could just stay on common rather than making a very common page. --Sleepykitty 05:34, 7 April 2011 (UTC)
There are so few components. Why do we need more than one page for Incarnate pieces but not for Invention pieces, where there are several times more individual items? No, I decisively vote against that. ~ AGGE talk/cons 05:50, 7 April 2011 (UTC)
Reward Table Rarity
I wanted to add the following statement to the discussion of the reward tables at the end of the trials, but I'm not entirely certain we actually have evidence to support it (i.e. it could just be rumor I've heard stated as fact):
- "Rarity of the options presented is based on an individual character's contributions to the success of the trial."
--Eabrace 15:19, 20 April 2011 (UTC)
- As seen here, yes, it is participation based. However, the metrics for what "participation" means is a little vague, other than "door sitting gets you the pity-reward [10 threads]". ~ AGGE talk/cons 19:24, 20 April 2011 (UTC)
- *grumble* Stupid work blockage of the CoH boards... I'll have to take a look at that when I get home. :) --Eabrace 19:27, 20 April 2011 (UTC)
DPL Call for Catalyst
There is an error occurring when it tries to pull in the Catalyst considering its image isn't named like the others... but it is still an item that drops only during Incarnate Content... so should really be in that category. — Talk · Cont 13:01, 13 June 2012 (UTC)
- Catalysts don't belong on this page, as it's for Incarnate Components, which the article says "are used to craft new Incarnate Abilities". Catalysts are used on enhancements and have nothing to do with crafting Incarnate Abilities. You can also get catalysts outside of the Incarnate system (via Super Packs). Also, the salvage itself does not appear on the "Incarnate" tab, it appears on the "Special" tab I believe. So even though you earn it via Incarnate content, it's not really Incarnate Salvage. If you look at Special Salvage you see that it's already listed there. Also listed at the Special Salvage article are Empyrean Merit Salvage and Astral Merit Salvage, which are similar to Catalysts in that they are earned from Incarnate content yet are not part of the Incarnate system and show up on the Special tab. Those articles aren't in the Incarnate System Salvage category.
- However, this can be fixed regardless as the salvage we want listed on this page aren't actually in Category:Incarnate System Salvage, so I removed that from the DPL query which fixes the issue. But I would argue that Catalysts didn't belong in that category anyway. (And if we want to change it so that they do, then Empyreans and Astrals need to come along as well.) -- Sekoia 17:20, 13 June 2012 (UTC)