The article should include some text to explain what the columns mean, especially "New" and "FF". I was able to guess that "FF" means "Freedom Friday", but that won't necessarily be obvious to everybody. As for "New", I'm not entirely sure what that is intended to mean. My best guess is that it means "the item was new at the time of its last sale", but when I scan over what's marked as New the results aren't what I expect (which doesn't mean they're wrong--I haven't monitored the stuff that closely). -- Sekoia 09:13, 19 May 2012 (UTC)
- New might also be anything currently listed under "New" in the store. I was looking through that tab the other day and thinking, "Really? This is still listed under 'new'?" --Eabrace 02:54, 20 May 2012 (UTC)
- Ah, good point! And then a third possibility is that it was listed under "New" in the store at the time of the last sale, whether or not it was actually new. -- Sekoia 04:42, 20 May 2012 (UTC)
- Yes, Agge is correct. It's simply an absolute marker of whether the date listed was the first time the item was available. I've never paid attention to the accuracy of what's "New" in the store. >.> -- Blondeshell 02:06, 22 May 2012 (UTC)
Weekly Sales, Freedom Friday, Limited-Time
Most sales are a discounted price, are done on a week-long basis, and can generally be purchased multiple times (when that applies). Freedom Friday "sales" are free items, done on single-day basis, and can only be "purchased" one time per account. These seem like two very distinct and different things to me, and I don't think they should be mixed together on a single page. Why not create a separate article that tracks Freedom Friday freebies? I also wonder if the limited-time offers really belong on this page either; it's not as sale if they're not normally available. Personally, I would find it more useful if I could review the Limited-Time Only items and Freebie Friday items separate from the sale prices. -- Sekoia 09:13, 19 May 2012 (UTC)
- The Freebie Friday items I would agree should probably be broken off into their own listing, since it's a different program on the market. The limited time items I think could go either way. I think it's helpful to see them compared to the regular sale items, and the entries can be simply updated if the items become permanent in the future -- Blondeshell 02:06, 22 May 2012 (UTC)
- Freedom Friday items are canonically advised by ncsoft as being found under featured, and I agree they do not belong on this page. Limited time offers fo (if reduced in price), as they will be found under Sales. To me the page title is disconnected from what is said in the overview; as "new items for a limited time" are not necessarily sales - but on the other hand they do meet a common usage of the term; so yeah, belong here.
- I would strongly prefer that the whole row not be replicated. For clarity, and ease of browsing, I see only the following columns as being necessary on this page: Item, Reg, Sale, Date. Furthermore, if the remaining columns were omitted on this page, then you could put the type of product (Account Services, Character, etc), into the row and make the page one table sortable and findable very easily indeed.
- And wow, my above reads didactically! Sorry, stressing just my two cents worth in good humour. <grin> Taosin 02:43, 23 May 2012 (UTC)