Villains can find him if they go back in time:
- during the mission Agree to form a Strike Force in the Mender Tesseract Strike Force (Levels 25+), as a NPC.
- during the mission Take out Marchand once and for all in the Mender Tesseract Strike Force (Levels 25+), as a 'President' (same as Hero/Archvillain) and an Enemy.
Gerald T. Marchand was elected in 1937, winning a close race against Conrad Oakes. His first eight-year term carried him through the Second World War. During World War II President Marchand officially declared the Rogue Isles neutral, albeit with Allied leanings. When the 5th Column menace alarmed the US, Marchand’s army waged a visible "war" on Column members on the islands, just to placate the Allies.
In some alternate realities Marchand survives the attack of Lord Recluse and keeps the power for many more years.
President Marchand has a cutscene for each of his two appearances. He will escape during the first one:
Later during the same strike force he will try to escape a second time:
And finally he will be cornered and forced to fight:
Before Combat: "I have your assurance that this facility is locked down?"
Combat start: "You can't attack the president of the Rogue Isles!"
At 75% Life: "Where are those aides? Keeping me alive is their job."
At 50% Life: "You treasonous little worm!"
At 25% Life: "You don't know what you're doing! Recluse will destroy the Rogue Isles!"
Defeated: "But my term wasn't up yet..."
Defeats a villain: "Tell Recluse his bid for presidency is TERMINATED."
President Marchand is the leader of the Rogue Isles. He is currently being hunted down by Lord Recluse and his minions. In an effort to further protect himself he has donned a power suit to keep him safe.
- President Marchand's Loyalists profile for a list of his powers
- Fifth Arachnos Rising Monument
- President Marchand Celebrates 70th Year in Office! in the Paragon Times
- His Praetorian counterpart who is of course, a loyalist...