- So in the announcement, everything was "Ruularu" instead of "Rularuu", so I created Template:Sic. I probably over used it, so feel free to prune as needed. I guess I should also note that I did ask in the discussion thread, but it'll probably get lost in the noise. SaintNicster 18:40, 8 July 2010 (UTC)
- I also moved most of the stuff that we had before to a "historical" section for lack of a better term. Feel free to do with as you please.SaintNicster 18:40, 8 July 2010 (UTC)
Too much detail
We need to pare down on the tidbits. Link to an article that explains everything, if at all possible. The arena changes? Mention "Multiple Arena updates/changes" in a "Miscellaneous Changes" header, link to the Arena page, which should document the changes in a historical section. A lot of the other "fiddly bits" can be handled similarly. (E.g. the search enhancements can link to the Search Window page, which can explain the changes.)
- Certainly there are sections that can be moved off to other pages, or their own page, and be referenced to there (e.g., MA's Dedicated Helper). I did that with the Cathedral of Pain info. Some of the more gritty details can be removed *if* the I18 Patch Notes have the information. There's a lot of stuff that's part of the 'missing' patch notes. We'll see if the release notes have all this information so that we can link to it. This is a first pass, we'll have to find a fitting home for all the information.
- I disagree with the statement that "The issue pages are supposed to be overviews." I would expect Issue 18 (Overview) to be an overview or summary page. I expect a page entitled Issue 18 to have what's in Issue 18.
- But also consider that, right now, this Issue 18 page has about 300 words *less* than the Issue 17 page. There are no 'wall of text' paragraphs and all the information is categorized and indexed with a TOC. Also Wikipedia's own standards of small pages -- which is in itself being relaxed a bit -- puts the current Issue 18 page, which is at about 3,500 words at only about 60% of what it would consider the low end of 'too long.' I'll certainly look to where things can be pared down or split off, but I also don't want to see atomization of the info that someone coming to this page would expect to find but still has several clicks to go. Zombie Man 07:44, 16 August 2010 (UTC)
- I expect a page entitled Issue 18 to have what's in Issue 18.
- I would too, if it didn't link to the patch notes "for more complete details" (just like on every other Issue page). Fiddly bits don't belong on the Issue page; they haven't since we more-or-less standardized the Issue pages at about Issue 9.
- Issue 17 needs to have its fiddly bits removed as well; I hadn't visited it in quite a while and didn't remember it being so darn big (mostly cos when I was editing it before it was generally via subsection -- things grow to huge proportions when you're doing it that way :D ). ~ AGGE talk/cons 08:13, 16 August 2010 (UTC)
- Once we see which fiddly bits the Release Patch Notes have, then we can remove them from the I18 page or find another home for them. Zombie Man 08:24, 16 August 2010 (UTC)