Tuesday November 6, 2007
NCsoft Acquires City of Heroes Franchise
NCsoft announced today that they have acquired the City of Heroes/City of Villains games in their entirety from Cryptic Studios and are creating a brand new studio to house its future development and expansion. Members of the Cryptic Studios development team have been hired by NCsoft to continue development on the City of Heroes games and will relocate to the new NCsoft NorCal studio.
As part of this change, the following bonuses will be implemented:
- All players with accounts will have access to City of Heroes and City of Villains going forward. There will be no differentiation between the games for paid accounts.
- At a date to be announced in the future, a one-time elimination of all character debt will take place.
- Also at a date to be announced in the future, a one-time grant of 20,000 prestige per member will be awarded to all supergroups.
For more information please see the following resources:
- NCsoft's press release
- The official players announcement
- Executive producer Brian Clayton' comments
- Player discussion thread
We at the Paragon Wiki wish NCsoft the best, and will do our best to continue helping out with the City of Heroes community!