Investigator for MICIR
|(-128, 127, 183)
== Level 8 ==
== Level 8 ==
- 1 Overview
- 2 Introductions
- 3 Store
- 4 Story Arc
Contact Introduced By
I've got someone I think you should meet.
You think you've seen how ugly this can get,? Well, you haven't seen anything until you've gone undercover.
I don't know how those guys in the Ministry can handle it, but I guess that's what lets them walk that fine line, just on the edge of the law.
I've gotten word that one of our inside men has requested Powers Division aid. Your name came up, so I'm sending you over to him. He's working inside the Syndicate, so try not to get spotted or months of work could get turn to vapor in an instant.
This contact I've introduced you to can probably move you along down the path you've chosen.
Investigator for MICIR, the Ministry of Intelligence Criminal Investigation and Research.
Whitworth is a member of the internal affairs branch of the Ministry of Intelligence. His job is to look in on the PPD and Ministries for signs of corruption, treason, and just plain bad apples. He does his job very well and is on a first name basis with Praetor Sinclair.
Prior to Introduction
My reports on you are unsettingly incomplete, Interrogator Kang instead.. If you'd like, we could sit down and have a casual chat. If I was you, I'd choose chat with
Because you voluntarily chose to speak with me, rather than me having to hunt you down, we've gotten off to a good first step.
We've got work to do.
Missing Too Busy Dialogue
Too Low Level
No More Missions
Praetoria is far more secure because of you,. I know I can count on your help if our safety is once more threatened.
The Trash Collectors
Memories of Another World
The Syndicate data courier, Blueshift, is more than a man with a cranial data storage implant, he's also a psychic. When you apprehended him during the theft of critical data from Lodestone Technologies, he apparently transferred some of the information into your mind. You aren't exactly sure how he did it, but the reason why is clear. He's trying to shake your faith in the emperor by showing you:
Memories of Another World
You obviously don't have all the information, and it's not as if you can access it like a data document, or even recall it like breakfast this morning. It's more like you are recalling a dream, only, it's somebody else's.
Sometimes, when you walk past an office building, you don't see Praetoria City reflected in the windows, you see somewhere else. It only lasts for a moment, like a daydream, and then it's gone.
Other times, you'll catch a news broadcast on TPN, and the world map will be different, delineated by archaic borders of countries both familiar and unfamiliar to you, as if Cole hadn't united the world into one people.
The implications are clear; somewhere or somewhen, another Earth has been discovered. This revelation is astounding, both in the boundless possibilities such a discovery presents, and in wondering why Emperor Cole would hide this discovery from the people. Perhaps he is worried that their faith would be shaken.
Extension:DynamicPageList (DPL), version 2.3.0 : Warning: No results.
Part One: Carpe Diem
Let's get down to business, shall we?
There is a situation unfolding in Industry Avenue at Holon Technologies. The PPD are on scene, but, we have a very strong reason to believe that they may not be reliable in the apprehension of the Resistance elements holed up inside the facility.
I'm sending you to Holon Technologies to take control of the situation and make the arrests.
- Arrest Resistance forces in Holon Technologies
Oh, another thing. TPN, the Total Praetoria Network is within their rights to accompany you with one of their investigative reporters.
Don't let it distract you from your job, but, make sure that he catches everything that happens inside.
I can't give you the details right now,, but I assure you, as long as that camera is rolling, this operation will go smoothly.
The terrorist forces are still inside Holon Technologies and the PPD have yet to move. Not surprising, really, but I'll tell you about that later. Get down there and end the stalemate.
As you approached the building you were met by the enthusiastic and fast talking John Houston, TPN's most self absorbed investigative reporter. Together you pushed past some sour faced PPD officers and entered the building.
- Arrest Resistance in Holon Technologies
- Talk to Sergeant Iminez
- Get the Scientist Out Safely
You rescued the scientist and ensured that the Resistance inside Holon Technologies were taken in by Whitworth's colleagues in MICIR.
- John Houston (TPN, TPN Investigative Reporter, non-combat ally)
- John Houston is TPN's most recognized investigative reporter. He is also regarded as the most annoying television personality in the last decade.
- Sergeant Iminez (Praetorian Police Department Sergeant) (NPC)
- Scientist (Hostage, must escort to exit)
- This scientist has been taken hostage by the Resistance. He really needs your help.
- Tire Iron (The Resistance Officer) (Boss) (Guarding the Scientist)
He's taller in person.
|The most annoying television personality of the last decade. John Houston has a 'know everything' attitude that makes even the most uneducated person want to puke. He talks as fast as Praetor Berry but lacks the common sense to shut his mouth if he has nothing of substance to say. He is always trying to 'sell you' on whatever idea floated through his mind at that moment, and won't let you get a word in edgewise to voice an opinion.
This is the man organizing the TPN exclusive story, and he is going to accompany you into a real life hostage situation. You wonder if ratings would spike if you let him catch a bullet...
I don't know what the Ministry is trying to pull here,, but my orders are to let you have run of the place.
- What can you tell me about the situation inside?
The Resistance have one of the researchers held hostage. If you need help, you call and my boys will be more than happy to lend a hand.
- Thanks, I appreciate the back up.
- Oh, we're more than happy to help if you get into trouble.
- I got it handled, officer.
- Like I said, you've got run of the place. Don't come crying to me if you run into more than you can handle.
- Why don't you get me some coffee, Iminez?
- You think you're real hot stuff, huh,
- I like my coffee black, thanks.
- Iminez just glares at you, you've made your point.
- Remember, black, none of that fancy shmancy stuff on it. (Leave)
- That's two creams, no sugar.
- Iminez gives you a rude hand gesture and turns his attention to an important message over his head set.
- (Hold up two fingers and mouth the words 'two creams' to him and smile.) (Leave)
- Make sure they put half the bottle of sugar in it. Alright, I'm counting on you.
- Iminez smiles at you. Sure thing, boss.
- I believe in you. (Leave)
- Make sure it's decaf. I don't sit in an office all day, so I don't need the pick me up.
? I've been working Imperial City for 15 years, pukes like you don't impress me.
- Iminez shakes his head at you.
- Get a move on, chief, you're looking a little tired. (Leave)
- I could really go for some tea.
- What? Do you think this is a tea party? What am I, your butler?
- Herbal blend with a touch of honey, it does wonders for the mood. Thanks.
- Sure thing, your majesty. Iminez mutters curses under his breath.
- See what I'm talking about? (Leave)
- Oolong, and don't steep it for too long. I hate it when it gets bitter.
- Steep? I don't even know what you're talking about. Get your own darn tea.
- See what I mean about bitter? (Leave)
- Chamomile. And get me a scone while you're at it.
- Actually... A scone doesn't sound half bad right now.
- Get one for Houston while you're at it. (Leave)
- Tea, earl grey, hot. Make it so.
- Yes, that just happened. (Leave)
- Tell your boys to watch it, I'd hate to get blood on Mr. Houston's shirt.
- Sergeant Iminez's face twitches with rage.
- All units, him / her a wide berth. I want zero problems. Over.
is on scene with a TPN reported in tow. Give
- Good call. (Leave)
|You exit Holon Technologies with the hostage saved, John Houston gushing about how amazing you are, and Sergeant Iminez and the PPD looking sour faced and tongue tied. MICIR interrogators arrive on scene to bring the terrorists in for questioning.
You handled that situation very well,. Now, I owe you an apology.
Sergeant Iminez is under investigation for conspiracy, but we lack any hard evidence against him or his men. All we have are coincidences, nothing solid. We believe that Iminez and his men are responsible for letting the Resistance get a foothold into Imperial City. In addition, the Syndicate have been slippery ever since Iminez was put into the Anti-Syndicate Task Force. This is why we called you in.
We leaked some intel to Iminez and it looks like the Resistance took the bait. Holon was a trap. We closed the door on them, and then called you in to make sure you took them down, rather than having them make a miraculous escape despite being surrounded by Iminez's men. This is also the reason we called in that yahoo from TPN, John Houston. With him reporting a live feed back to TPN we knew that Iminez wouldn't make any moves against you, it would out him immediately. In this way we ensured that the Resistance terrorists are now in our custody.
You did fantastic work, and I want you to know that we're on a two way street of communication from now on.
We appreciate people like you who offer their help quite willingly,. Feel free to get in touch with me anytime.
Part Two: Dangerous Liaisons
We got some good intel out of those Resistance members you apprehended in Holon Technologies. According to their cell leader, Tire Iron, a second team of terrorists are raiding Lodestone Technologies.
I'm going to be frank with you, Praetor Sinclair himself that this lab contains sensitive material and that it must not be allowed to fall into anyone's hands. I'm sending you in to stop the Resistance and ensure that nothing leaves Lodestone.. I don't know what is in this lab, but I've been given instructions by
- Stop Resistance in Lodestone Technologies
We are not sure whether the Resistance is aware of what is in Lodestone's mainframe, but I've been told that if they find the data then it will not take them long to realize how important it is.
I need to be very clear on this. Do not let them escape with this information. No matter the cost, this data must either be recovered... or destroyed!
I'll stay in contact with you via the Seer Network. If anything changes, we'll let you know.
Stop Resistance in Lodestone Technologies
Praetor Sinclair was very clear,. The Resistance in Lodestone Technologies must be stopped.
The Resistance didn't leave a door guard. Their mistake.
- Stop Resistance in Lodestone Technologies
- Stop Decker
- Destroy the mainframe
Whitworth reported that the Syndicate bounced the data to another system via burst transmission. Though fast, it was easily traced back to the Kearney-Lansing building. Get there immediately.
- Decker (Syndicate Telekineticist) (Lieutenant)
The connection has been severed!
|You're Too Late
|Despite annihilating the mainframe in order to physically sever the remote hack, you were unable to stop them from downloading sensitive files.
Stop Hackers in the Kearney-Lansing building
|Whitworth traced the source of the remote hack back to the Kearny-Lansing building. Time to pay these hackers a visit.
Get over to the Kearney-Lansing building, there's no telling how much longer the hackers will stick around.
It looks like you arrived just in time to stop your quarry from leaving.
- Stop Hackers in the Kearney-Lansing building
- Find the Syndicate Hacker
- Stop the Data Courier
You stopped Blueshift and his Resistance compatriots from escaping with the stolen Lodestone Technologies data. However, Blueshift mentally transferred something to you that is very, very confusing.
- Blueshift (Syndicate Suit) (Boss)
- Blueshift is a notorious Syndicate data courier who disappeared from the grid two years ago. The PPD reported him killed during a botched raid on a Syndicate hideout, but apparently they got somebody else instead.
|It sounds like the hackers have uploaded the stolen data to a data courier; a person who has had cybernetics installed allowing them to carry sensitive data securely and secretly to their intended recipients.
|You took down the data courier, an unscrupulous individual named Blueshift, but the data will have to be electronically removed from his cranial data storage device. Fortunately that's a job for the MICIR technicians and the Ministry's interrogators.
The hacker is... a computer?
|You were sent to arrest the hacker responsible for stealing the Lodestone Tachnologies data, but it would appear that the hacker is actually a rudimentary AI residing inside this computer system. As far as you can recall there is no law written to specifically imprison such an AI. Clockwork, Cyborgs, Androids, yes. Self-aware software, no. It sounds like new legislation may be in order.
That was a close one,. It would appear that Sergeant Iminez is a much more dangerous liability than we initially suspected. He will have to be dealt with.
On the plus side you apprehended two of our Syndicate most wanted. Ministry Interrogators will be overjoyed to hear that we have two new visitors for them.
However, it looks like Lodestone Technologies will have to wait for our Ministry technicians to get their data out of Blueshift's cranial storage casing. He'll undergo interrogation and then memory removal and storage before he's mind wiped and integrated back into the Ministry. It has been some time since he worked for us, it will be good to have him back.
Do you realize that if we had more people like you in Praetoria, , we wouldn't have as much crime with all these gangs and outlaws.
Finale: Taking Out The Trash
Sergeant Iminez has been feeding the Resistance information, that much is clear. Additionally, it's clear that the Resistance is working with the Syndicate here in Imperial City. This cannot stand. Iminez needs to go down, and the Syndicate and Resistance cannot be allowed to align. Luckily, I have a plan.
We put a tail on Sergeant Iminez and followed him to this warehouse in Industry Avenue. From the look of it, he's got a meeting with his buddies in the Resistance and Syndicate, no doubt to explain why his intel resulted in all of their personnel getting arrested. I want you to go to that meeting, only, you're going to fit right in there.
- Attend meeting in Industry Avenue warehouse
You aren't going to show up and arrest Iminez. No, I'm going to turn his worthless existence into the catalyst that sets the Syndicate and Resistance at one another's throats.
You're going to that meeting, only in the guise of a Syndicate thug. When you find Sergeant Iminez, kill him.
When the Resistance sees a Syndicate go-ganger take down their inside man in the PPD they're going to go ballistic. Likewise, if the Syndicate see one of their own start shooting, they're going to jump in. Once the bullets start flying, get out of there.
Members of the Resistance working undercover for Calvin Scott should inform him of what is happening.
|You've been supplied with an outfit so you can blend in with the Syndicate. In addition, you've picked up a .50 caliber pistol. You know, the type you use when a criminal is hiding behind your refrigerator.
I'm not sure how long Iminez is going to be at that Resistance and Syndicate meeting, so you'd better hurry, we might not get another shot at this.
You quickly don your disguise and enter the warehouse. You hope this works.
- Eliminate Sergeant Iminez in warehouse
- Eliminate Sergeant Iminez
- Find mission exit
You've eliminated Sergeant Iminez and turned his Resistance and Syndicate allies against one another.
(Syndicate are neutral to the player, but will attack Resistance once Sergeant Iminez has been defeated)
- Sergeant Iminez (Praetorian Police Department Sergeant) (Boss)
- Sergeant Iminez is a traitor working for the Resistance. Killing him while dressed as a Syndicate go-gang member will incite blodsheed between both groups.
- Thirty-Two (The Resistance Officer) (Boss)
- Reportedly the worst driver in all of the Resistance, Thirty-Two got his name by running over a PPD officer in a stolen police cruiser... thirty-two times.
- Edge (Syndicate Sword Master) (Boss)
- Edge is a master swordsman and one of Boss Masamoto's most trusted lieutenants. If he's here, then blood is sure to be spilt.
- Bunni (The Resistance Officer) (Boss)
- Bunni claims she saw a rabbit once, a real one, not one of Neuron's clone super bunnies.
Hey, wait a second... Aren't you...?
- Psst. You miss me?
- I said two creams in my coffee.
- I told you I believed in you.
- Were they out of decaf?
- I told you not to steep it for too long.
- How was your scone?
- You ever tried Earl Grey cold?
- You've got red on you.
My field agents report that the Syndicate and Resistance fighting has died down, with both groups falling back having suffered heavy casualties. Relations between the Syndicate and Resistance have always been tenuous for a long time. However, I have read several reports that indicate those relationships are strengthening of late. And what's more, not everyone in the Syndicate appears to be happy about that.
You eliminated a dangerous traitor, Praetoria from terrorists and criminals., and saved face for his family. Iminez will be buried with honors, having died valiantly defending
I know it's not the way things should be,, but this is the unfortunately reality we live in. We have to do a lot of dirty work here in the Ministry of Intelligence, but our chief job is to protect Praetoria no matter the cost. Thankfully, today, the cost was the life of a traitor. But tomorrow it could be a good honest cop, a daughter who manifests dangerous psychic powers, or a family just in the wrong place at the wrong time.
In order to keep the streets of Praetoria City clean, someone has to pick up the trash.