Demo Editing/Additional Information
- 1 Overview
- 2 See Also
- 3 External Links
The following links provide additional information on or related to Demo Editing and movie-making; including guides, tools, and associated resources.
Note: Even before the sunset, many of the guides previously listed here had been purged during forum cleanup.
- TOONS ON FILM Hero Con Workshop Videos (11/18/08):
Demo Tools & Applications
Video Capture & Editing
Applications & Tools
- FRAPS - Video Capture (Windows) - Limited Free Functionality (Fee For Full Version)
- TAKSI - Video Capture (Windows) - Free (Open Source) - Described as an open source alternative to FRAPS.
- VirtualDub - Video Capture (Windows) - Free (Open Source)
- WeGame client - Video Capture (Windows) - Free - Video capture companion to the WeGame.com hosting site; advertises an HD mode for machinima & direct upload capability to their site.
- Game Cam - Video Capture (Windows) - Limited Free Functionality (Fee For Full Version)
- Windows Movie Maker - Video Editor (Windows) - Free
- Windows Media Encoder - Video Capture (Windows) - Free
- Avidemux - Video Editor (Windows, Linux, Mac OS) - Free (Open Source)
- Cinelerra - Video Editor (Linux) - Free (Open Source)
- Kino - Video Editor (Linux) - Free (Open Source)
- LiVES - Video Editor (Linux) - Free (Open Source)
- Ulead VideoStudio Free Trial - Video Editor (Windows) - Trial
- MMConvert - Tool for converting between different video and audio formats.
- Quick Media Converter - Video and audio converter - Free (Donation Supported)
- Audacity - Audio Editor and Recorder (Windows) - Free (Open Source)
Information & Resources
- List of screencasting software - List of video capture applications at Wikipedia
- List of video editing software at Wikipedia
- Comparison of video editing software at Wikipedia
- Digital audio editor - List of audio editing applications at Wikipedia
Other Demo-Related Links
- City of Heroes Codex - Demo Model, MOV, FX, & Maps data; plus additional info (Note that the site linked is a backup, as the original is only available via Internet Archive).
- Random Dice - City Of Heroes Demo File Information - Demo data resource with demo upload/data extraction function.
- CoH Splasher - Customizes game login screen, character selection screen, & other content (such as with demo-edited screenshots).
Video Hosting Sites
Video Specific Hosting Sites
- Google Video
- Yahoo! Video