Character Rename Token
Once purchased, the player is able to rename any one character on their account. This occurs at the Character Selection screen.
Note that it is also possible to use two server transfers to rename a character, without using an existing rename token. For more information, see the Server Transfer article.
Paragon Market Description
- Character Rename Token
- Purchasing this Character Rename Token will allow you to change your character's name. The Character Rename Token is used on the Character Selection Screen. This Token can be redeemed only once.
Renaming a character
At the Character Selection screen:
- Highlight (click once) on the character you wish to rename
- Click the Rename icon shown at the top of the window
- A warning will appear, allowing you to confirm the rename, or exit the renaming process.
|You are about to rename your character. Doing so will remove one character rename token from your account inventory.|
- Click Yes to proceed.
- A dialog box will appear explaining "Your character is now renamable." Click OK.
- You are immediately given the chance to rename the character, and the Rename Icon at the top of the window will show the rename as pending. You may Cancel this dialog box, but will be forced to rename the character the next time you log it into the game.
In-game renaming of a character
If a character has to be renamed while in-game and logged in, the following dialog box will appear:
|You have been issued a character rename token. Please enter a new character name below.
You must change your character name at this time.
Rename the character and click Accept. Take care here, as the text you enter can be difficult to read. The only way to avoid renaming the character at this point is to forcibly shut down the City of Heroes Freedom program without accepting the name change, as it is impossible to select anything else in-game until this process is complete.
- The Character Rename Token was released to the Paragon Market on September 14, 2011.
- Priced at 800pp for one token at the time of its release into the Paragon Market. Please check the Paragon Market in-game for current pricing.