Since we are using this template a lot to make mission headers stand out more, and since the standard underline has always annoyed me a bit in slashing through letters with descenders, would it be any issue to alter this template to create a line under instead?
- This is an example of a regular underlined section of text with descenders, gjpqy!
- I don't think we should start using two different styles of underlining. The styling we use on the wiki should be consistent from page to page. So I would strongly oppose adding an option to let it go two different ways.
- Also, we style things with underline outside of this template as well, and we use this template outside of mission headers, so a change here wouldn't just impact mission headers and could well result in mixed underline stylings in general. I'm opposed to that as well.
- So I lean towards just using standard underline. Yes, standard underlines cross through descenders. However that's always been the case, since the era of typewriters. Heck, even in handwritten copy the underline usually crosses through descenders. I don't see this as an issue.
- The closest thing I could see myself supporting would be a special styling (in a new template, likely) just for mission headers. If we can isolate the styling to just mission headers and if we ensure that all mission headers get that styling, then I could be okay with a change like this. But it seems like a lot of work for an extremely minor change that most people won't even consciously notice. -- Sekoia 13:03, 25 July 2012 (UTC)