From Paragon Wiki Archive
Revision as of 19:12, 1 October 2008 by Konoko
- (verb) Resurrect, to revive a defeated entity. When a player is defeated, they will be given the option to rez to a hospital or, if possible, to their supergroup base. When a critter (non-player) is defeated, some critters have rez powers similar to those listed below. One can also rez by using an inspiration (Awaken, Bounce Back or Restoration). All are commonly referred to in-game by this term.
- (noun) An inspiration or power which can be used to revive a fallen character (Awaken, Bounce Back and Restoration). If someone asks you if you have a rez, they want to know whether you have such an inspiration or power.
- (verb) Resolve, to draw an object or being in the game. Usually used when someone is waiting for an object, person or building to appear on the screen. Also used to refer to the summoning of an object (eg. to rez a portable worktable.)
- (adj.) Resolution, the density of a video display or graphics display. The higher the resolution, the more detailed the image, but some players will recommend you "turn down your rez" to save memory. Digital images are often categorized as "high-rez" or "low-rez." - More commonly abbreviated "res", hi-res, lo-res.
List of player accessible powers and powersets that include a Rez component
- Empahty - Resurrect - most common - simple rez, no side effects
- Willpower - Resurgence - simple rez
- Regeneration - Revive - simple rez
- Rise of the Pheonix - rez and do damage to all foes in the area
- Dark Miasma - Howling Twilight - targetted AoE rez - stuns foes
- Soul Transfer and Stygian Return - requires foes nearby to use
- Poison - rez and slightly buffs character - minor debuff after a few minutes
List of inspirations that include a Rez component
- Bounce Back
List of critters that might use a rez power