As of City of Heroes Freedom/Issue 21, this item pack is no longer available. The costume pieces, emotes, costume change emotes, auras, and movement power are now only available through the Paragon Market.
With the City of Heroes Animal Pack, you can craft a character with the grace of a giant cat, the power of a savage wolf or the fury of a falcon and a look to match! Prowl the streets of Paragon City as a ferocious cheetah, stalk your way through the Rogue Isles as a bestial wolf, soar the skies of Praetoria as an eagle or lumber your way around as a monstrous minotaur. With new customizable heads, details, patterns, legs, and tails, you can go wild with possibilities! Select from new Feline, Avian, Minotaur and Wolf costume pieces, pounce with controlled grace using the new Beast Run inherent travel power, and use new character emotes and costume change emotes to unleash your inner animal instinct.
The Animal Pack unlocks new heads, body patterns, tails and boots for monstrous legs. Some of the costumes even come with customizable manes and teeth. With these new sets, you can create a ferocious wild beast character or a noble guardian of nature.
- "monochrome" (no fur pattern)
- Rounded cheetah
- Pointy cheetah
- Rounded panther
- Pointy panther
- Rounded lion
- Pointy lion
- Rounded tiger
- Pointy tiger
- Lion mane
- Tiger face fur
- Monochrome tiger face fur
- Regular teeth
- Small horns
- Medium horns The medium horns are the type seen on Cimeroran Minotaurs.
- Large horns
- Small thin nose ring
- Small thick nose ring
- Large thin nose ring
- Large thick nose ring
- Grey Wolf
- Arctic Wolf
- Cheetah (in addition to the existing cheetah pattern)
- Animal Fur (essentially the same as Monstrous Fur, but with the underlying skin being the same color as the fur)
Additionally, the Animal Fur pattern is available on some non-monstrous boot options, but not on the bare/flat style, so females with Animal Fur boots still have high heels.
- Cat Claws
- Ragged Wolf Tail
- Minotaur Tail
- Beastly Rage (can also be customized to appear as a breath)
The following emotes are all unlocked by the Animal Pack:
|Hiss||Flying||Yes||crouch, double handed kitty-claw swipes, return to idle, hissing sound|
|Savage||No||Yes||monkey movements including: crouched jumping, scratching head and side, final pose is crouch with arms hanging limp in front; monkey grunt noises|
|Sniff||Flying||Yes||crouch down with head up sniffing the air with sniffing noise||
Costume Change Emotes
The following costume change emotes are all unlocked by the Animal Pack:
|CCFeatherBurst||Flying||Yes||Scrunch down and shake, flash of light, and burst of feathers.|
|CCFeatherSpin||Flying||Yes||Whirlwind spin, flash of light, and burst of feathers.|
|CCFurBurst||Flying||Yes||Scrunch down and shake, grey cloud, and burst of fur.|
|CCFurSpin||Flying||Yes||Whirlwind spin, grey cloud, and burst of fur.||
Beast Run Travel Power
Show off your bestial nature by using this power. This power is not as fast as Super Speed, nor will it allow you to jump as well as Super Leap, however it is considerably better than the Fitness powers Swift and Hurdle.
- This power cannot be used with (and will detoggle) Pool Travel Powers such as Super Speed, Super Jump, or Combat Jumping. However, it can be combined with Sprint (and Sprint variants like Prestige Power Slide), the Jump Pack, passive Movement Powers such as Swift and Hurdle, and any variation on Flight powers such as Fly, Hover, or the Raptor Pack.
- While toggled on, Beast Run replaces your normal at-ease posture with a heavy breathing crouch, but does not interfere with emotes.
- To distinguish it visually from other running powers, the forward and backward running animations are on 'all fours' running style, typical of a four-legged animal gait. Additionally, when running backward, the character actually turns to face the camera.
|Toggle: Self +Run Speed, +Jump|
|Restrictions||Available at Level 4|
|Can not be used in conjunction with Travel Powers|
|Effects||445 + ( 5 * Level ) % jump height on self|
|109.45 + (0.55 * Level) % jump speed on self|
|99.184 + (0.816 * Level) % run speed on self|
- The Animal Pack was released to the Training Room on Feb. 9, 2011.
- The Animal Pack was made available for purchase through PlayNC.com on Febuary 23, 2011 for $9.99.
- The items from the Animal Pack were integrated into the Paragon Market with Issue 21.